Shortbread or Jam Drop Biscuits
Ingredients to make 12 (its low FODMAP up to 6)
180g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
2 cups Healthy Baker low fodmap plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon lactose free milk
Optional to make jam drops:
Strawberry jar (just check no high FODMAP ingredients)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Line baking trays with baking paper.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl until creamy.
4. Add egg and mix until combined.
5. Sift in flour and baking powder and add milk and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
6. Using a tablespppon, scoop mixture and arrange into a ball. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Allow a couple of centimeters
7. If you’re going for the jam drop option, gently press dough in the middle to allow a 1/2 tsp worth of jam and place a small amount if jam in the middle of the dough
8. Cook for between 15-20 mins until cooked through
9. Transfer to wire rack to allow cooling