Salt and Pepper Tofu
Ingredients to serve 3-4:
2 spring onions green part only
1 head broccoli
1/3 cup rice flour
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup raw Basmati rice
4 tbs garlic oil (we use cobram estate)
2 tsp soy sauce
1/3 cup coconut milk
1. Cube tofu into small 1x1cm blocks
2. Coat tofu with salt, pepper and rice flour. Place to the side
3. Roughly chop the vegetables
4. Cook rice per instructions
5. In a large frying pan on medium heat, place half of the garlic oil (2 tbs) and allow to heat. Add tofu and cook for 5 minutes in each side or until crispy. Remove from frying pan.
6. Add the rest of the oil and heat on medium. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 5 minutes.
7. Add soy sauce and coconut milk to vegetables. Continue to cook until they've reached your desired softness (I like my veg still crunchy). Add tofu back into mixture to warm.
8. Divide rice up, should about a cup of rice per adult. Add veg and tofu mixture and enjoy!
Information for those with IBS on the low FODMAP diet:
66g zucchini is low FODMAP - more than 100g becomes high in olgio fructans
1/3 cup coconut milk is low FODMAP - more than this becomes high in polyol sorbitol
90g Broccoli heads only is low FODMAP - more than 270g becomes high in excess fructose
160g tofu firm is low FODMAP
Capsicum, carrot, rice and garlic oil are all low FODMAP .