Roast Vegetable Pizza
Ingredients to make 1 pizza:
1 cup gluten free flour - see note below
2 tbs garlic oil
1 sachet yeast (7g)
1/3 cup like warm water
1 tsp sugar
Toppings (I had the roast vegetables leftover from a previous meal)*:
1/2 roasted capsicum
1/2 potato, roasted
1 cup roasted Jap pumpkin
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 cup pizza cheese/cheddar cheese or bio cheese if you're dairy free
*Method to roast vegetables:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Slice vegetables of choice to about 1/2 cm thick (I used capsicum, potato and jap pumpkin)
3. Line baking tray with baking paper and place vegetables on baking trays (you may need a few depending on the amount that you are cooking up)
4. Drizzle with garlic oil, enough to coat the vegetables, turn vegetables over to ensure both sides are well oiled
5. Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes each side, checking every 10 minutes to ensure they're cooking well
Method for pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees and place pizza stone in the oven
2. Place flour in bowl with salt.
3. In a separate bowl add yeast, sugar and water. Wait until it's frothy and add it to the flour mix.
4. Mix flour, oil and yeast mixtures together - add more flour or water if needed to make dough consistence.
5. Kneed for 5 minutes and allow dough to rest for 1hr.
6. On a piece of baking paper roll out dough with rolling pin until it's the size of your pizza stone.
8. Add tomato paste and cheese and roast vegetables
9. Transfer pizza to stone and cook for 20 minutes or until brown and crispy on top.
10. Add baby spinach and allow to wilt.