Banana and Choc Chip Muffins
Setting some time aside to plan your meals and doing some meal prep can save lots of time and stress when life gets hectic mid-week. Here is some muffin inspiration (choc-banana) which are a tasty snack option for school or work.
This recipe makes around 12 muffins - 1 muffin per serve is low FODMAP. I modified this recipe from this recipe http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/4679/simple-vanilla-cake.aspx
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups Healthy Baker low FODMAP plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup lactose free milk
150g milk chocolate chips
3 bananas, ripe and mashed with a fork
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, cream together the sugar and butter using an electric beater.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla essence.
4. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the butter mixture and continue mixing.
5. Add the milk and mashed bananas and stir until the mixture is smooth. Spoon into the prepared up cake holders allowing half a centimeter at the top to allow your muffins to rise
6. Bake in preheated oven for around 20-25 mins
7. Cool on a rack .