Ingredients to serve 2
80g lactose free cream cheese
2 tbs garlic infused oil
1 cup lactose free milk
80g grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs Healthy Baker low FODMAP flour
1/4 packet of pasta (or more if you’re hungry)- I used BuonTempo wheat and gluten free, based on corn and rice flour and is low FODMAP
2 cups of baby spinach
Squeeze of lemon (if you like that zing)
1. Cook pasta as per instructions on package
2. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic oil
3. Add cream cheese, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
4. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
5. Whisk in the flour
6. Stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper
7. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Please note this will thicken really quickly
8. Stir through baby spinach
9. Toss with hot pasta to serve and add salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
Note that fatty foods can be a trigger for GI symptoms. This is a non-low FODMAP trigger.