Ingredients to serve 12, however if you're hungry you can have up to 1/8 of this in one sitting :)
350g carrots, scrubbed and grated
200g walnuts, roughly chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup rice bran oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Healthy Baker low FODMAP flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Cream cheese icing:
1 cup icing sugar
150g lactose free cream cheese
1/4 lemon juiced
1/4 lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Combine eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl beat with egg beater
3. In a separate bowl, sift in cinnamon, salt, flour and baking powder and mix together
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to blend
5. Add the carrots and walnuts and mix until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack
8. Place all icing ingredients in a food processor and blitz until creamy.
9. Once cake has completely cooked, spread icing onto the cake. Store in fridge .
I used this recipe as inspiration, but made some changes to ensure it’s low FODMAP and ok on the low FODMAP diet