Buddha bowl with quinoa, tofu and pickled vegetables
Ingredients to serve 1:
1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
2 radishes, thinly sliced
2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 cup quinoa, cooked
160g firm tofu, sliced 1/2cm thick
1 tbs vegetarian Asian sauce
1/4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp ginger finely sliced
1 tbs + 1 tsp Sesame oil
1. In a bowl add rice wine, sugar and salt. Place carrot, radish and ginger in mix and allow to stand
2. Place tofu in marinade of vegetarian Asia sauce
3. In a saucepan with boiling water, steam spinach
4. In a small bowl mix avocado, lime juice and corriander and put to the side.
5. In a frying pan over medium heat place sesame oil and allow to heat. Add in tofu and fry 5 minutes each side.
6. Drain the pickled veg from rice wine mixture - or you can keep some for more of a dressing.
7. Drizzle quinoa with a little sesame oil.
Assemble tofu, picked veg and steamed spinach in whatever way you like. .
Low FODMAP info for those with IBS:
160g firm tofu is low FODMAP
1/8 avocado is low in fodmaps, more than this becomes high in polyol sorbitol
Quinoa is low FODMAP at 1 cup
Carrot, radish and spinach are all low FODMAP .